Here is a list of the main languages in Drion, a fictional world which I used first in comic strips, then in short stories.
The three Drionian most important languages are Tláymyts, Handun and Dahur.
Of these, the first ones I created were Tláymyts and, at least in concept, Khib-renn, then Handun, Sing and Dahur.
Most of these came from my desire and impossibility of learning real-world languages (I had no internet at that time...), so, except for Tláymyts, all of these first languages resembled languages from Earth. Khib-renn was created with Hebrew in mind, while Handun was inspired in Arabic, Difaron in Old Egyptian, Sing in Chinese and Dahur was inspired in Hungarian.
In the conlang dictionary you will find the meaning of words in my Conlangs.
We provide some Swadesh lists for comparing the vocabulary of various languages.
- See a list of cardinal numbers comparing various Nekturian languages.
- See a sample in the most important Drionian languges.
- See a comparison of personal pronouns in the most important Drionian languages.
- See a short wordlist in the most prominent Arishian languages.
- See a spreadsheet with the sound correspondences among the languages in the Nekturian family.
Languages still in use are marked in boldface.
- Arish Proper
- Macro-Sing Family
Regarding phonology and internal structure of the languages, this family is similar to the Caucasian languages of Earth.